Shigeru Deguchi, Ph.D.
- BEng, Kyoto University (1990.3)
- MEng, Kyoto University (1992.3)
- Ph.D., Kyoto University (1996.11)
- Poster Award, 2004 Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society for Extremophiles (2004.11)
- Nano Tech Weekly Award, 4th Meeting on Society for Nano Science and Technology (2006.5)
- Hot Paper, Chemical Communications, Royal Society of Chemistry (2006.7)
- Young Scientist Award, Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry, The Chemical Society of Japan (2006.9)
- Osawa Award, The Fullerenes and Nanotubes Research Society (2007.2)
- Nanopaper of the Month, Nanosafe2 project, European Union (2007.9)
- Takagi Award, Bio-Nanotechnology Forum, The Society of Non-Traditional Technology (2008.3)
- Ichimura Prize in Technology - Meritorious Achievement Prize, New Technology Development Foundation (2011.4)
- Sweden Visiting Fellow, Department of Physical Chemistry 1, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, Sweden, supported by the Japan-Sweden Foundation(1994.12-1995.8)
- Overseas Research Fellow, Department of Physical Chemistry 1, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, Sweden, supported by Japan Science and Technology Corporation (1997.1-1998.12)
- Research Scientist, Frontier Research Program for Deep-Sea Extremophile, Japan Marine Science and Technology Center (1999.1-2001.3)
- Sub Leader, Frontier Research System for Extremophiles, Japan Marine Science and Technology Center (2001.4-2005.3)
- Group Leader, Extremobiosphere Research Center, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (2005.4-2009.3)
- Team Leader, Soft Matter and Extremophiles Research Team, Institute of Biogeosciences, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (2009.4-)
- Visiting Researcher, The Bio-Nano Electronics Research Centre, Toyo University (2004.4-)
- Adjunct Professor, Graduate School of Nanobioscience, Yokohama City University (2007.6-)
- Adjunct Professor, Graduate School of Interdisciplinary New Science, Toyo University (2007.12-)
- Panelist, Nano-Risk-Net-Panel administered by Research Institute of Science for Safery and Sustainability, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (2007-)
- Member, Follow-Up Evaluation Committee, Chemotransfiguration Project, Japan Science and Technology Agency (2008.3)
- Member, Space Utilization Science Committee, The Institute of Space and Astronautical Science, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (2009.4-)
- Member, Evaluation Committee, Space Utilization Science Committee, The Institute of Space and Astronautical Science, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (2010.12)
- Self-Aggregates of Hydrophobized Polysaccharides in Water. Formation and Characteristics of Nanoparticles
Kazunari Akiyoshi, Shigeru Deguchi, Nobuhiro Moriguchi, Shigehiko Yamaguchi, Junzo Sunamoto, Macromolecules, 26, 3062-3068 (1993).
- Novel Approach for the Synthesis of Hydrophobe Modified Polyacrylamide. Direct N-Alkylation of Polyacrylamide in Dimethyl Sulfoxide
Shigeru Deguchi, Björn Lindman, Polymer, 40, 7163-7165 (1999).
- Stable Dispersions of Fullerenes, C60 and C70, in Water. Preparation and Characterization
Shigeru Deguchi, Rossitza G. Alargova, Kaoru Tsujii, Langmuir, 17, 6013 -6017 (2001).
- Reaction Behaviors of Glycine under Super- and Subcritical Water Conditions
Dimitar K. Alargov, Shigeru Deguchi, Kaoru Tsujii, Koki Horikoshi, Origins Life Evol. Biospheres, 32, 1-12 (2002).
- Cooking Cellulose in Hot and Compressed Water
Shigeru Deguchi, Kaoru Tsujii, Koki Horikoshi, Chem. Commun., 2006, 3293-3295.
- Facile Generation of Fullerene Nanoparticles by Hand-Grinding
Shigeru Deguchi, Sada-atsu Mukai, Mikiko Tsudome, and Koki Horikoshi, Adv. Mater. 18 (6), 729-732 (2006).
- Supercritical Water: A Fascinating Medium for Soft Matter
Shigeru Deguchi, Kaoru Tsujii, Soft Matter, 3, 797-803 (2007).
- Versatile Solidiﬁed Nanoﬁbrous Cellulose-Containing Media for Growth of Extremophiles
Mikiko Tsudome, Shigeru Deguchi, Kaoru Tsujii, Susumu Ito, Koki Horikoshi, Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 75, 4616-4619 (2009). (cover photo)
- Microbial Growth at Hyperaccelerations up to 403,367 × g
Shigeru Deguchi, Hirokazu Shimoshige, Mikiko Tsudome, Sada-atsu Mukai, Robert W. Corkery, Susumu Ito, Koki Horikoshi, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 108 (19), 7997-8002 (2011).
- Bottom-Up Formation of Dodecane-in-Water Nanoemulsions from Hydrothermal Homogeneous Solutions
Shigeru Deguchi, Nao Ifuku, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 52 (25), 6409-6412 (2013) (cover photo).
, ReseracherID Profile
- The Scandinavia-Japan Sasakawa Foundation (1996)
- The Kao Foundation for Arts and Sciences (2002-2003)
- Kurita Water and Environment Foundation (2002-2003)
- Japan Space Forum, Ground-based Research Announcement for Space Utilization (2002-2004)
- The Sumitomo Foundation (2003-2004)
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Grant-in-Aid for Young Researcher (B) (2003-2005)
- Member, Working Group for Microgravity Chemistry of Mesoscopic System, The Institute of Space and Astronautical Science, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (2004-2007)
- Chair, Working Group for Chemical Processes in Critical Density Fluctuation, The Institute of Space and Astronautical Science, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (2007-)
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (2008-2010)
- Kurita Water and Environment Foundation (2009-2010)
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (2010-2012)
- Shimadzu Science Foundation (2012)
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas (2013-2014) (2013-2014)
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (2013-2015)
- Member, Public Relations Committee, Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry, Chemical Society of Japan (2009.4-)
- Member, International Exchange Committee, Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry, Chemical Society of Japan (2009.4-)
- Member, Divisional Subcommittee, Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry, Chemical Society of Japan (2009.4-)
- Secretary, Colloid and Surface Chemistry Division, Chemical Society of Japan (2007.4-)
- Member, Editorial Review Board, Water: A Multidisciplinary Research Journal (2008-)
- Manuscript reviewer for Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Langmuir, Biomacromolecules, Environmental Science & Technology, Chemical Research in Toxicology, Nanoscale, Energy & Environmental Science, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Chemical Physics Letters, Colloids and Surfaces A, Advanced Powder Technology, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, Chemistry Letters, Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, Journal of Polymer Research, Journal of Applied Glycoscience.
- Member, Program Committee, International Conference on Nanoscopic Colloid and Surface Science (NCSS 2010) (2010)
- Vice Secretary, Organizing Committee, International Association of Colloid and Interface Scientists Conference 2012 (IACIS 2012) (2011.6-2012.5)